Photo

[English] Tutorial how to unbrick and update boot in Sony Xperia Z C6602 / C6603 / C6606 / C6616

Sony Xperia Z C6602 C6603 C6606 C6616 Boot Repair Update Flash Sony

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:19

Show flashing log.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#82 OFFLINE   schecter7

schecter7

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 6h 14m

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:15

Great info, Thanks a lot! My phone is Xperia ZL (c6502). Do you think I can flash c6602 .sin_file_set onto my ZL? If not, can anyone please provide .SIN_FILE_SET for ZL (c6502)? Thanks!

Edited by schecter7, 20 November 2014 - 08:15.

#83 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 14:05

You are posting in wrong forum then, tutorial for Xperia ZL is here: http://sony.yt/topic...02-c6503-c6506/ ;)

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#84 OFFLINE   RedMyst

RedMyst

• User
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 14m

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:19

Hello Jurij - in step 9 you say "9. Now you have to flash (if not done yet) your phone with all firmware parts (APPSW, FSP, ELABEL) using S1 FLASH MODE, phone will be fixed. Also you can flash your phone using Sony Update Service, Sony PC Companion or any other flasher like current Flashtool."

So for APPSW, do I just use the C6603 file downloaded from step 4? And for FSP and ELABEL files, do they have to be a particular version? Or can I use any versions I find out on the web? Just wondering if the APPSW/FSP/ELABEL files need to be matching / compatible with each other or whether they are independent.

And if I choose to flash the phone using Sony Update Service - will it automatically update all three firmware parts? Is that the recommended way?

#85 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:09

Flashing just APPSW file from the first post will update (fix) boot in your phone, but phone will not work if you will not flash it with all firmware parts (appsw, fsp and elabel).

And for FSP and ELABEL files, do they have to be a particular version?

Yes, they must be from the same compilation. For example if you use 10_4_B_0_569 APPSW file, you must use 10_4_B_0_569 FSP and 10_4_B_0_569 Elabel files.

Or can I use any versions I find out on the web?

You can use any firmware for C6603 from Sony you want, however the latest firmware is usually the best.

Just wondering if the APPSW/FSP/ELABEL files need to be matching / compatible with each other or whether they are independent.

As i've said - yes.

And if I choose to flash the phone using Sony Update Service - will it automatically update all three firmware parts? Is that the recommended way?

Yes, when boot is fixed and phone can enter flash mode, you can use Sony PC Companion to update your Xperia smartphone to the latest firmware.

Xperia.jpg

#86 OFFLINE   pp661000

pp661000

• User
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 4m

Posted 12 December 2014 - 22:34

if Appear MINOR ERROR (0X80080021 ERR:17) error while uploding final HDR block...... How can I do HELP PLS

#87 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 23:11

I have no idea what happened to your phone so it's hard to say. But most probably if you can't flash your phone in normal / emergency way - you can't fix that main board and you must replace it.

Xperia.jpg

#88 OFFLINE   louisawang

louisawang

• User
  • 2 posts
    • :

Posted 22 January 2015 - 14:55

hey Jurij, i have a xperia Z with IMEI 0044, I was trying to unlock my bootloader. After i switched off my phone, i connected it to my Computer via USB while pressing the volume up button. However, nothing comes up and now my phone is bricked. But i wasn't modifying any file systems as i wasn't flashing or rooting it. You mentioned that there is no way to fix it, but for my case, i only pressed an vol up button and it got bricked? Does that mean mine isn't really bricked?

#89 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 15:30

Phone with imei 0044 is a prototype phone. What tool did you used to "unlock bootloader" and why did you tried to do that? Well try to hold vol+ and power and wait for vibration. If that will not wake up your phone, i'm affraid there is nothing you can do. Your phone is detected by PC when connected with vol- button?

Xperia.jpg

#90 OFFLINE   louisawang

louisawang

• User
  • 2 posts
    • :

Posted 22 January 2015 - 15:38

i wasn't using any software at that moment, just switching off the phone and connecting it to the computer while holding vol+ button, and it just stayed black. computer didnt detect anything at all. Then i tried using different hardware combinations and suddenly computer detects it as Zeus. I wanted to get into flashboot, and the instructions say to hold vol+ while connecting a shut-down phone to the computer, but after i did that nothing happened.

so basically by right, nothing could have tempered with the system files unless holding vol+ while connecting to usb will brick it.

#91 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 16:27

try to hold vol+ and power and wait for vibration.

That's all you can do.

suddenly computer detects it as Zeus

Probably boot damaged. If yes, buy working Xperia Z with broken lcd and swap main board...

I wanted to get into flashboot

Fastboot. And seriously, flashing prototypes is a bad idea, especially with a non Sony firmware.

Xperia.jpg

#92 OFFLINE   deep_cheef

deep_cheef

• User
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 5m

Posted 08 February 2015 - 13:32

Hello, i have Zues flash Device in device manager and with this method i unbrick entirely my c6602 using testpoint.

Thanks !!! 

#93 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 15:20

Try and find out. I don't know how did you damaged your phone so it's hard to say.

Xperia.jpg

#94 OFFLINE   sbcontt

sbcontt

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 27m

Posted 22 February 2015 - 19:27

Many thanks for this post. I have recovered a C6603 using this method.

Device would sometimes stop displaying and sometimes even accepting the PIN lock code in lockscreen (maybe blame the installed custom ROM) and had to be rebooted. The phone abruptly died during one such reboot. Device was on charge at that moment and was more than 50% charged. Waterlogging indicator in USB port was slightly pink. Neither flashmode nor fastboot mode was working. Hard reset button combo was working, but there was no vibration. Hard reset was not helping either. After attaching USB, red led could be seen for a few seconds, then nothing. Flashtool was saying "device connected with usb debugging off".

Sent to a local repair store, they declared that display was damaged.

#95 OFFLINE   matt_music

matt_music

• User
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 6h 49m

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:01

Hi, Thanks for the post by the way. I feel like I'm almost there but when I go to Flash the FSP file, via s1emergency mode. I get a message saying:
Disk is full.

Can I wipe the memory and start again??
If so, How do I got about doing this?

if Appear MINOR ERROR (0X80080021 ERR:17) error while uploding final HDR block...... How can I do HELP PLS

I had this and the below this process worked for me to get the phone ready to flash again.

Uninstall all drivers relating to phone and delete.
uninstall GGsetup.
Reboot pc.

start again.

#96 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:51

I get a message saying:
Disk is full.

What disk? Maybe S1Tool does not have enough memory on your TEMP folder to unpack FSP firmware? Please check free memory on your HDD.

I had this and the below this process worked for me to get the phone ready to flash again.

Uninstall all drivers relating to phone and delete.
uninstall GGsetup.
Reboot pc.

start again.

Thank you for your solution! :)

Xperia.jpg

#97 OFFLINE   matt_music

matt_music

• User
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 23:13

Jurij,

before your reply i did notice that my SSD was close to full. Moved some files and it worked.
However, new problem:

I flashed APPSW and FSP through S1 Emergency.
Then flashed APPSW, FSP, ELABEL (10 1 A 1 350 YUGA) through FLASH mode.

Everything seems to go through with no errors. But I'm not sure what's next. Do I reattach battery and try and boot phone?
Do I plug to PC and try and boot?
What if this doesn't work?

Origin of issue:
Phone smashed, used donor phone to replace screen. Did not boot. Both phones are c6603.

Thanks for your help so far.

Edited by matt_music, 06 May 2015 - 23:13.

#98 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 23:22

If you flashed properly firmware in order:

1. APPSW,

2. FSP,

3. ELABEL

phone should normally power on. If not, hardware is damaged and not only LCD was broken, but also main board. Assembly your phone, power it on and post results :)

Xperia.jpg

#99 OFFLINE   matt_music

matt_music

• User
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 23:55

Flashed in order. Unplugged from pc. Reattached battery. Attempted Power on. Nothing, Plugged in charger from wall socket, red light flahes once then stays red. Waited a few mins. Attempted Power on. Nothing. (I have spare Battery so could try same process with that battery incuding reboot flash).

One thing I have noticed is when writing firmware in S1FLASH mode I get this message: REMOVE TEST POINT, THEN PRESS "READY" (Like Normal)

But then this "Emergency loader uploaded". Is this normal?

#100 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 00:00

Show flashing log.

Plugged in charger from wall socket, red light flahes once then stays red. Waited a few mins.

Leave it on charger for at least 30 minutes, 2-3 hours is recommended.

Xperia.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sony Xperia Z, C6602, C6603, C6606, C6616, Boot, Repair, Update, Flash, Sony

0 user(s) are reading this topic