#1 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

Proud Member of Sony.yt Community

• User
  • 32 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 19h 11m

Posted 08 September 2023 - 07:59

Hi,

Can someone help me to find Hungarian font set to C901? I already tried to export from c902, but it seems that it use different format. Or am I made something wrong?

#2 OFFLINE   bodqhrohro

bodqhrohro

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 9 posts
    • Time Online: 21h 17m

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:32

Does the filename match the filename specified in FONTS.XML?

In general, if you want to cover many different scripts, I would recommend to craft your own TTF file in FontForge or so, based on several fonts. Especially if you would like to stuff there some modern font, as they are usually split into many files, and A100/A200 don't seem to support using multiple TTF files at once.

#3 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 27 September 2023 - 13:30

Hello,

What do you  mean by "Hungarian font set" ? If you need Hungarian language, just flash your Sony Ericsson C901 with Central Europe firmware and customization and you will get Hungarian language :)

Best regards,

Jurij

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#4 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

• User
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 October 2023 - 15:21

Hello,

What do you  mean by "Hungarian font set" ? If you need Hungarian language, just flash your Sony Ericsson C901 with Central Europe firmware and customization and you will get Hungarian language :)

Best regards,

Jurij

The main problem is if I install that customization then this letter will be missing: á instead of that it has and T9 will not recognize that text. Same problem with the ó and ú. I was just curious if I can add somehow these text into the database?

#5 OFFLINE   bodqhrohro

bodqhrohro

• User
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2023 - 15:28

If the font there misses the required glyph, you may edit the font to add missing glyphs manually, or put another font.

The T9 problem seems to be a bug on a certain model. You may attempt to put the HU.T9 file into /TPA/PRESET/SYSTEM/LANGUAGE from other model, they seem to be interchangeable.

#6 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

• User
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 06:53

If the font there misses the required glyph, you may edit the font to add missing glyphs manually, or put another font.

The T9 problem seems to be a bug on a certain model. You may attempt to put the HU.T9 file into /TPA/PRESET/SYSTEM/LANGUAGE from other model, they seem to be interchangeable.

I did exactly what you wrote. I used the Wseries HU.T9 and copied into that place.

#7 OFFLINE   bodqhrohro

bodqhrohro

• User
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 12:21

If copying a dictionary from other model does not help, then there might be a hardcoded set of characters allowed for T9 input somewhere in firmware (MAIN). Then you need a patch (as firmware in feature phones is one big monolith bundle, unlike in smart phones where it is split in small executables). A few people who have skills for that have remained, and probably not for free.

#8 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 21 October 2023 - 10:21

The main problem is if I install that customization then this letter will be missing: á instead of that it has and T9 will not recognize that text. Same problem with the ó and ú. I was just curious if I can add somehow these text into the database?

You need to use main generic + FS Central Europe + customization central europe for your phone model, and that's all you need. I highly doubt that Sony Ericsson would release firmware with some missing / corrupted letters / fonts ;)

Of course you can play with fonts in your phone and try different ones if you don't like generic ones, you will find them in phone file system: tpa/preset/system/fonts :)

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic