#1 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

Proud Member of Sony.yt Community

• User
  • 20 posts
    • Time Online: 20h 25m

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:47

Hi fellows,

I read that a Russian guy made a program which is allow to use Telegram on Java phones. The application name is Stella Mobile. Here is the website:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Has anyone has experience how it works?
I already registered on Telegram and I wrote to the programer. But I am not able to log in.

#2 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

Proud Member of Sony.yt Community

• User
  • 20 posts
    • Time Online: 20h 25m

Posted 30 August 2022 - 08:33

Hi fellows,

I read that a Russian guy made a program which is allow to use Telegram on Java phones. The application name is Stella Mobile. Here is the website:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Has anyone has experience how it works?
I already registered on Telegram and I wrote to the programer. But I am not able to log in.

UPDATE:

The web version of the program is works perfectly.

#3 OFFLINE   bodqhrohro

bodqhrohro

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 24m

Posted 02 February 2023 - 00:56

<wonk_mode>
There's no such thing as "Java phones". Java ME apps run in a virtual machine isolated from the real native operating system of a phone, and builtin apps are usually not written in Java ME. A big exception, AFAIK, are Motorola EZX/MOTOMAGX-based phones, where the system GUI is written in Java, and runs atop of Linux, in a way similar to Android. And of course, Android phones are those who are much more eligible to be named "Java phones", as the userspace there is mostly run in a Java VM :P
</wonk_mode>

I wouldn't use such public proxy-based services, as they intercept account credentials and their owners may gain access to user accounts.

Instead, I run my own VPS with Prosody and telegabber (disclaimer: I am the developer √óD), and use Telegram via an XMPP client (BombusMod or Jimm Multi; there are other Java ME XMPP clients too, but they have less features). Works well on my W660i, and I take care it's usable there. The server is easy to setup, and thanks to the enthusiast who made a Docker image for telegabber, it's now even easier. A 2 EUR/month VPS is pretty sufficient for that (or perhaps you may find even something cheaper).

Edited by bodqhrohro, 02 February 2023 - 00:57.

0 user(s) are reading this topic