#1 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

Proud Member of Sony.yt Community

• User
  • 32 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 19h 11m

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:05

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I re-flashed my c901 and since then I cannot open my built-in google maps app. It tries to load the map then give me a "Serious Error. Please exit and restart" error. If I install a google maps app then that cannot find my location unless I am using an external GPS. It says "Your current location is temporary unavailable".

Can someone please check his/her phone if you get the same error? Thanks in advance.

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,114 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 15m

Posted 11 May 2020 - 18:52

Hello,

Sony Ericsson C901 does not have build in GPS, so you must use external GPS to find your location. Phones with build in gps should be able to find location, however it's more handy nowadays to use Xperia smartphones for navigation services. Bigger screen, better gps, easier navigation in android app... And smartphones are sometimes cheaper than feature phones from Sony Ericsson in good condition ;) Keep in mind that Sony Ericsson C901 was released 11 years ago, some build in apps may not work properly anymore.

Best regards,

Jurij

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   bodqhrohro

bodqhrohro

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 9 posts
    • Time Online: 21h 17m

Posted 02 February 2023 - 01:14

I've got a similar issue with the HandlerUI mod (unfortunately, I lost the official build downloaded from Google when repairing the Java VM in 2014, and it was removed from their website before that).

It was caused by the geolocation by CellID. Perhaps the server now sends a broken CellID database which crashes the app. Quickly going to the help menu and disabling the geolocation from there solved the crash. If you can't manage to do it in time, try to switch to GPRS, or make a fake internet profile which is not actually working (I put a file:// APN for that).

Besides of Google Maps, I can also recommend MGMaps. It has had several backends, but only the Mapnik (OSM) one is still working.

#4 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

Proud Member of Sony.yt Community

• User
  • 32 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 19h 11m

Posted 23 February 2023 - 19:42

I've got a similar issue with the HandlerUI mod (unfortunately, I lost the official build downloaded from Google when repairing the Java VM in 2014, and it was removed from their website before that).

It was caused by the geolocation by CellID. Perhaps the server now sends a broken CellID database which crashes the app. Quickly going to the help menu and disabling the geolocation from there solved the crash. If you can't manage to do it in time, try to switch to GPRS, or make a fake internet profile which is not actually working (I put a file:// APN for that).

Besides of Google Maps, I can also recommend MGMaps. It has had several backends, but only the Mapnik (OSM) one is still working.

Thank you for the explanation. I will give a try the HandlerUI mod. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic