#1 OFFLINE   412gopher

412gopher

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 10m

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:14

HI guys, I hope you're well.

I recently discovered this website and found out it has very helpful content for repairing Sony devices, but I'm writing you because I need a little help:

I got a dead Xperia Z3 d6603 due to I forgot to dry it up after "washing" it (yeah I was that dumb, found out this thing isn't waterproof at all) so the only thing this Z3 is doing at the moment is blinking its LED.

At first the LED was blinking like: blink...blink...blink...pause and then repeating the same pattern over and over again.

Then I disconnected the battery and tried to charge it and the blinking was like: medium blink...full blink...off...repeat. 

Now I connected it to a PC and its showing a different blinking pattern and that's why I'm writing to you, I wanted to ask you if you know where I cand find the meanings of these "blink codes". I've even been searching in the Service Manual downloaded from this site but I still couln't find them.

Your help will be highly appreciated, since I have very important information that I want to retrieve. 

Keep the good work up and happy holidays.

Greetings,

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:58

First at all - disconnect battery and go with your phone to the good service centre. They will use isopropanol and ultrasound bath to clean your main board and then they will dry it. If you do not have any service centre in your area - you can disassembly all components and metal shields from your mainboard, put your mainboard into 95% ethanol for at least 24 hours then dry it in a dry warm place for at least 12 hours. Then you can reassembly your phone and try to power it on. If that will not help - most probably water damage was too serious and maybe professional service centre will help...

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   412gopher

412gopher

• User
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 20:24

Thanks for your reply Jurij. But please, the only thing I wanna know if such "blinks" mean something because I'm trying to find out if I am able to solve this problem by myself before sending it to a repair center. 

Greetings,

Edited by 412gopher, 13 December 2016 - 20:38.

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 13 December 2016 - 21:50

It does not matter, you've water damaged your phone and it does not work like a new phone anymore. I've told you what to do after water damage, can't help you more.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#5 OFFLINE   412gopher

412gopher

• User
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:30

Ok, Jurij. Thanks man. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: z3, d6603, wet, blink, led

0 user(s) are reading this topic