#1 OFFLINE   tvd88

tvd88

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 46m

Posted 29 July 2015 - 16:40

Hello,

My Xperia Z C6603 just bricked, no vibrations, no response while pressing Power Button and Volume +

The story is that the battery was damaged and Authorised Sony Warranty replaced it, then it did not recognise simcard and Sony Warranty said it was their faults. They said it needed to replace something called Control Center unit, and the IMEI was changed to a new IMEI of another C6602 phone after Sony Warranty replace that unit.

After that, I took my phone home and I tried to root, then I restore the nandroid backup including Trim Area by TWRP recovery. Then the phone was totally bricked without any response from led light, vibrations. When I plug phone to wall charger, the led light just keeps flickering red colour continuously. Otherwise, it is recognised as SOMC Flash Device when I plug phone to wall-charger, but Flashtool and Sony Companion cannot repair and flash rom on the phone.

Flashtool just shows message when it flashes rom on the phone as in the attached picture.

How can I save my phone? :( I attach the original TA img file before the IMEI was changed by Sony Warranty people. Hope you guys can help me.

Thank you very much for your help.

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 29 July 2015 - 17:14

It's impossible that Sony has replaced your C6603 phone with C6602 phone. Are you sure you have now C6602 phone? That trim area is useless. Sony has swapped main board of your phone so if you've flashed trim area from other phone ( i do not understand why? ) - it's the most stupid thing you could ever do to your phone. Flashing trim area from other phone will kill it and if you do not have trim area backup from your current phone - it's a brick. Buy a new phone.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   tvd88

tvd88

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 46m

Posted 29 July 2015 - 17:32

Before I flashed, I checked Service Menu and it still show Model Info is C6603, but the IMEI changed and belongs to a C6602 phone which was already out of warranty from January 2015  (not my original IMEI on the phone body).

Sony Warranty people only told me that they replaced some Control IC and they did not say any information about swap mainboard.

I restored nandroid backup and forgot to untick Trim Area option.

Edited by tvd88, 29 July 2015 - 17:36.

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 29 July 2015 - 18:19

That's how Sony repairs their phones:

1. Any electronic component damaged - main board swap = new imei,

or

2. Something more than main board damaged - you get a new phone = new imei.

If you do not have backup - your phone is a brick. Sell it for replacement parts and buy a new phone or buy working Xperia Z C6603 with broken LCD and swap main board. No other solutions.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic