7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scigo

scigo

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 22m

Posted 11 April 2015 - 15:27

i need to fix an M2 aqua for my dad. I struggle to find LCD for this phone. I understand that due to waterproofing only the whole kit (front+lcd+digitizer) can be purchased. I would be interested to know if I could physically use LCD+digitizer from M2. I understand the consequences of this. can anyone help to answer my question or suggest where to buy the M2 aqua kit (doesn't have to be new) either in the UK, or Slovakia/Poland.

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 11 April 2015 - 17:03

You can contact authorized Sony service centre for example and give them your phone to repair - it will be expensive, but phone will be waterproof and working again :) Here is a good trusted shop in Poland: http://magboss.pl/ob...a,pl,40062.html- LCD with front panel and digitizer cost you 307 PLN ( about 80$ USD) but product is not available - you can make an order and it will be available within 21 days. This is authorized Sony service centre in Poland: http://w-support.pl/welcome_pl.asp - as far as i know they service mobile phones from all European Union so they should be able to help you. If you need any help with translation etc. - feel free to ask :)

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   scigo

scigo

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:40

Jurij thanks for reply.my problem is, that the phone was driven over by forklift. So the obvious damage is LCD and digitizer, but I don't know if it work properly.I haven't seen it but my dad said it is charging, you can turn it on, see led and it is making sounds. So I was hoping to buy LCD see if the phone works before deciding if there is a point to fix it. Also $80 is a fair charge for repair, but which if the phone won't be fixed is too much to pay.

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:12

So search for good local service. All i can do for you is to identify your phone online for free using my service tool and tell you if it's detected properly. Better solution is to visit nearest good local service, they will swap LCD and check your phone. It's better because they can check motherboard, components on it, check if phone has signal etc - i can't do that online. I suppose your father does not have purchased insurance from network provider?

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#5 OFFLINE   scigo

scigo

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 17:15

No it was bought in the UK for him as a present. Normally phones last him ages, this one (most expensive he ever had) was ruined in a week. :(

#6 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 20:15

I'm sorry, but forklifts and smartphones are not good connection :( Maybe it's a good idea to sell your phone for replacement parts (copy data first and flash it before sale) and buy a new phone? You can start a new thread in what to buy forum, post what your father wants in the phone and what price is good for you and i will try to help you. Expensive smartphone on a construction site or in a workplace with heavy equipment is not a good idea, i would recommend a still good feature phones from Sony Ericsson or older smartphones like Sony Xperia arc S LT18, Sony Xperia neo V MT11 etc. If it must be a new smartphone - maybe Sony Xperia E3? Very good LTE smartphone for less than 200$ :)

Xperia.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   scigo

scigo

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 20:40

I just thought I post an update. I got the phone back to the UK, LCD and digitizer was gone, totally smashed. I took the risk and ordered a replacement from China somewhere. I opened the phone following some instruction. the pcb looked ok (i was surprised)  and the only thing which was also damaged was the the thin metal plate in the middle of the phone was cracked around the on/off button. the on/off button was also twisted. when i put the phone together, the LCD and digitzer works no problem, but you can't turn the phone using the on/off button at all but it is not much of an issue. what i need help with is the camera. I don't know if it was me during the repair or the forklift, but everytime open the app, it force closes. I have tried factory reset, but didn't help. everything else works on the phone as far as i can tell so 90% success.

#8 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:32

the on/off button was also twisted. when i put the phone together, the LCD and digitzer works no problem, but you can't turn the phone using the on/off button at all but it is not much of an issue.

That can be easly fixed i think so in nearest service centre using hot air station.

what i need help with is the camera. I don't know if it was me during the repair or the forklift, but everytime open the app, it force closes. I have tried factory reset, but didn't help. everything else works on the phone as far as i can tell so 90% success.

Try to disconnect and connect again properly camera. If that will not help - camera module or on board camera connector is damaged and must be replaced.

Xperia.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m2, m2 aqua, lcd, digitizer

0 user(s) are reading this topic