1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tiduswulf

tiduswulf

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 27m

Posted 02 August 2024 - 07:17

Hello. I have the Sony w580i and the c905a. Both phones do not work anymore.

When I plug in my phone to the wall charger, I get nothing. No light, no vibration. No response.

Many years ago I downloaded some software to debrand the phone (formerly AT&T) to the generic firmware. Back in February of this year, I pulled this phone out of my drawer and was playing with it and taking photos, but recently it doesn't work at all suddenly. I bought a new battery (same battery in the c905a and the w580i). It didn't help. I got a solid red light for a little while, but then the light went away. When the light was red, the phone would not turn on.

I tried to use setool2 lite to repair the phone, but there is no response when I try IDENTIFY or UNLOCK/REPAIR. I downloaded the Gordon's Gate driver and installed that as well, but it didn't help.

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,124 posts
    • Time Online: 565d 12h 30m

Posted 07 August 2024 - 13:04

Hello,

I bought a new battery (same battery in the c905a and the w580i). It didn't help. I got a solid red light for a little while, but then the light went away. When the light was red, the phone would not turn on.

Try to clean fastport connector on your phone. Then try to plug in charger and gently move plug up and down. If there is still no reaction, try attach dcu-65 cable to your pc and plug your phone - it should start charging after some time. Give it time, drained battery needs a lot of time to start charging. If it will start charging that mean your charger may be damaged.

And to be honest - if you have stored your phones in dry place, they should work. From my experience the damaged battery can cause most of the problems. BST-38 is one of the less problematic batteries from SE, can't remember if i've ever seen chubby or damaged BST-38.

Good luck with getting your phone working again :)

Best regards,

Jurij

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

2 user(s) are reading this topic