#1 OFFLINE   tnusam

tnusam

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 11m

Posted 27 March 2017 - 18:15

hello , 

My sony Xperia sp C5303 have a problem regarding headset detection.

it always shows headset connected,disconnection of headset not sensing.

i tried all stock firmwares 4.1.2 jellybean to 4.3. But same problem showing in all firmwares.

after that i open the backcover and removed the flex cable of headset jack from motherboard.

But no change,headset still remain connected.

is this a motherboard problem?

i did some more researches,

actually headset detected by the resistance change between ground and mic pin.

i measured the voltage at mic pin to ground, its nearly 2.65V.

it sensing the key pressing in headset.Actually this headset button connected parallel to mic pin,when it pressed it mic terminal voltage become zero,and chip sensing this voltage change.

actually the headset pushbutton shorting the mic input to ground. so the mic pin voltage

become zero when key pressed.

headset mic also working, the only problem is it not detecting headset removal.

is it a software problem? or hardware? i am sure its not a jack problem or motherboard connector problem. i checked all ..but no solution.

anyone please help me? i am ready to provide more details if wanted..pls help..    thank you

#2 OFFLINE   faflak

faflak

• 1,031 posts
    • Time Online: 81d 22h 13m

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:12

You have connected other handsets?

No sound at the speaker?

i tried all stock firmwares 4.1.2 jellybean to 4.3. But same problem showing in all firmwares.

I suppose the motherboard is damaged

#3 OFFLINE   tnusam

tnusam

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 11m

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:05

tried many headsets. headset is working,but even after removal of headset sound playing through headset only not switching to earpiece or loudspeaker.

but i can get sound through earpiece and speaker using the app 'Soundabout' which reroute sound to built in speaker again.

Problem is that even after headset removal,phone thinks headphone still connected. it can detect headset pushbutton switch also,which can pause,play.... it can identify between headphone and headset also after restarting. IT NOT DETECTING REMOVAL OF HEADSET AND HEADPHONE IS THE ONLY ACTUAL PROBLEM.all other problems are due to this.

i mentioned the voltage at mic pin to ground is 2.65v when noting is connected.(Ie;headset is connnected in background,phone think so).

0 user(s) are reading this topic