←  Xperia Z5 Compact

Sony.yt - International Sony Forum

»

Bricked Z5 Compact

nelu - zdjęcie nelu 16 sty 2017

Hello.

I flashed a TA.img backup from another Z5C (black) to my yellow one.

Now the notification led blinks red intermitent forever while plugged in (usb)

If i try to press the vol + key while pluggind in (in the state above), the led turns red (stops blinking) and after release returns to the previous blinking state 

Any suggestions is it possible to repair the boot TA? i have a back create with TA backup tool.

Odpowiedz

Jurij - zdjęcie Jurij 16 sty 2017

This is literally the most stupid thing you can do with Xperia smartphone:

I flashed a TA.img backup from another Z5C (black) to my yellow one.

Why did you killed your phone like that?

Odpowiedz

nelu - zdjęcie nelu 16 sty 2017

had the img files in the same place and by mistake picked the wrong one for flash ... sadly dumb i know

Odpowiedz

Jurij - zdjęcie Jurij 17 sty 2017

Then if you have original trim area from working state - flash it back. If not, sell your phone as a source of spare parts and buy a new one. Or buy working Xperia Z5 Compact with broken lcd but working main board and swap it.

Odpowiedz

nelu - zdjęcie nelu 17 sty 2017

Is it possible to flash the trim area back using the method for Z3, the one which is posted here on the forums?

Odpowiedz

There is no any method for Z3. There is a method to flash some Sony phones using edl mode, but this will not work for Z5 Compact as we do not have s1 emergency loaders for that phone model.

Odpowiedz

nelu - zdjęcie nelu 17 sty 2017

not beatiful, the only solution might be to find a working one with a broken display , but the mobo swap will make non water proof eventually.

or get a third one, since the the black one seem to have failed as well (broken charging unit)  :)\

thanks for the info btw

Użytkownik nelu edytował ten post 17 styczeń 2017 - 21:35
Odpowiedz

Visit good service centre. If phone is properly assembled, should be waterproof in some way.

Odpowiedz