#1 OFFLINE   Hire

Hire

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 58m

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:51

Hello,

I bought a Second hand Sony Z3 compact last christmas for my girlfriend.
Everything was great, she was quite happy, but since 4 days, the phone can't make or receive any call... data still working.
When I switch sim card, same issue in the phone...

I guess the phone had probably been blacklisted by operators... and I guess the phone could be stolen in this case...

I could go to the Police, but I'm quite sure they won't find the seller/stealer, and they will ask me to give back the phone...
I will loose my money, and the phone...

I feel bad for my girlfriend...

Do you know if there is a way to change the IMEI ?

First thing I did when I bought the phone was rooting it (I made a backup of TA partition) and installed xposed framewor.

I just tried some Xposed IMEI changer, but it does not seems to work.

I'm not even sure the real problem is blacklisted phone, but it is my first guess as data is still working, and when I try to call my girlfriend, I have an unusual message from Orange telling my my contact can't be reached, instead of just leaving a message on her mailbox...

Thank you for your help

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:45

Hello,

First at all:

data still working

What data? If by hspa / lte (not wifi) - imei can't be blacklisted.

What would i do in your case:

1. Don't panic and do not do any stupid things like "I just tried some Xposed IMEI changer, but it does not seems to work".

2. Make backup of all data from your gf phone (using for example My Phone Explorer) and make factory reset.

3. If that will not help, update firmware in your phone using PC Companion. If firmware is up to date, try to use option "repair firmware".

4. If that will not help, use Flashtool and flash any generic firmware from Sony. It's a good idea to test that phone running on different Android versions / compilations. Make sure that you will flash correct firmware, for example for D5803 model use D5803 firmware.

5. If that will not help and your phone has a warranty - flash original firmware and send it to Sony for repair. If your phone does not have warranty, try to sell it and buy working one.

Do you know if there is a way to change the IMEI ?

At the moment there is no any way to change imei in Sony Xperia Z3 Compact phone. Do not even try any tools, you can just brick your phone forever. Well, the only way to do that is to buy working Z3 Compact with broken lcd and swap main board. But to do that you must have knowledge, experience and special equipment, so better leave it for professional service centre ;)

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic