Photo

DB3350 CID 80 - 81 RED patching in java ( jjpatcher tutorial )

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 14m

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:49

This short tutorial will tell you, how to correctly patch all DB3350 CID 80-81 RED phones, using jjpatcher (java method):

1. Download and unrar this package: Attached File  Jjpatcher.rar   4.45K   172 downloads

2. Install jjpatcher in the phone (just like normal java game).

3. Move jjpatcher to phone memory (it can't be on memory card).

4. Using FAR manager with SEFP2 plugin go to TPA/PRESET/CUSTOM folder and add there customize_upgrade.xml from the package added in point 1.

5. Turn on your mobile phone.

6. In the "other" folder you will find file named jab(different characters).b . Copy it on your computer.

7. Drag and drop that file on program bpatch, which you can find in the package in poin 1.

8. Using Far manager with SEFP2 plugin copy that patched file into TPA/PRESET/SYSTEM/AMS folder in your phone memory.

9. Turn on your phone. On the memory card in folder "other" create folder "patches" and add there patches designed for your phone and firmware.

10. Run jjpatcher application and enjoy your patched phone =)

Attention: Every time you turn off your phone and turn it on again you have to start jjpatcher application if you want your phone to be patched. If you want to delete patches, just delete them from the patches folder or turn off jjpatcher application. That patching method is not stable and some patches may not work. This tutorial is written for DB3350 CID 80 - 81 phones only: Aino (U10i), Cedar (J108), Elm (J10i), Hazel (J20i), Yari (U100i), Xperia Pureness (X5), Zylo (W20i) , because in that phones we can not change certificate now and patch it properly using FAR manager with CXC plugin. For all CID 52-53 A2 - based phones I recommend to change certificate to BROWN and patch phone using FAR manager with CXC plugin: click :)

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#2 OFFLINE   mahdix

mahdix

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 18m

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:59

Hi. thanx for the usefull post.
I did exactlly as you wrote but I cant find th jab file in "Others". actually its nothing there. I found 2 jab files in tpa\preset\system\ams but far manager cant grab them out!!!
can you help me with this please.

#3 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:50

Repeat procedure from the beginning and follow it step by step...
Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#4 OFFLINE   mahdix

mahdix

• User
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:15

I did it many times, but the same results every time, I even flashed my phone and repeated the steps but .....
Is there anyway to pull out the jab from the FS? far doesnt support this opperation.

#5 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:23

Try to copy that file using script: http://www.sonyerics...-cid-53-81-red/ :)

You can try also:

1. Close your far,

2. Copy that: http://www.sonyerics...-cid53-81-2011/ into the plugins folder,

3. Run far and try to copy files from phone :) Should work.

Xperia.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   mahdix

mahdix

• User
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:44

WOW!! IT'S WORKING NOW!!
thanx alot for your help ...

#7 OFFLINE   garbagejawpl

garbagejawpl

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 35m

Posted 01 November 2013 - 20:10

Hello,
I know this topis has ended long time ago, but before it's closed I'd like to ask about one issue I found. By the way - I am the owner of the W20i (ZYLO) phone.
I wanted to patch it with the method described above and till the last point of this tutorial it works fine. The problem is, that when I run 'jjpatcher' I got the error:
"application uses too much memory" (aplikacja zużywa zbyt dużo pamięci)

the patches I added to the 'patches" folder are:
- MAIN_CENTRAL-EUROPE_W20i_R7DA062.mbn
- FS_CENTRAL-EUROPE_W20i_R7DA062.fbn
- Customize_w20_Central-Europe.zip

Even if I copy those files (two of them) one by one, I get the same error. For the last one I get the message, that this is BAD PATCH.

What I'm missing?

Best regards,
Michal

#8 OFFLINE   not found

not found

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 20:24

Hello,
in the folder 'patches' you have to put some .vkp patches for your firmware version, not the whole firmware (main, fs and cda) like you did :)
WALKMAN?

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   garbagejawpl

garbagejawpl

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 35m

Posted 01 November 2013 - 20:52

Duh! .... OK, thanks. So I need to spend another day on finding how to upgrade the firmware.

....great... :)

not found: You can upgrade your firmware with SEUS :)

Yeah, I tried that and it works, but the other problem (what I forgot to mention) is that I want to remove branded firmware from this phone. There is some option connected with OMNIUS, but I wanted to save those 8 Euro for daily membership ;)

not found: Aaa, I see. Just read the omnius tutorial in our Tutorials section. If you still have a problem, write a post in the proper topic :)

Edited by not found, 01 November 2013 - 21:09.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

Google (1)