6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drpsycho

drpsycho

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 23m

Posted 03 June 2022 - 20:30

Hi, I already searched everywhere and I'm loosing my hopes. I'm trying to revive a Xperia Ion and this is what I get:

When I plug the phone in the wall charger the red led turns on for some minutes and then turns off.

The same happens when I plug on PC, when the led turns off it is detected as "Somc flash device" in windows device manager and this shows in flashtool:
INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

Nothing changes if I plug in pc with volume + or - pressed, it don't goes into fastboot or flashmode.

I hope you could help me. Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 07 June 2022 - 11:27

Hello,

The main and basic question is - how did you bricked your phone?

Best regards,

Jurij

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   drpsycho

drpsycho

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 18:43

The phone was running Stock ICS and I decided to flash Stock JB. As volume down button was not working I tried to flash the ftf via fastboot, I unziped the ftf and run "fastboot flash boot kernel.sin" and "fastboot flash system system.sin", the commands where suscessfull but the phone became in the state described in the first post. I tried flash ICS Stock kernel and system back without success too. 

Later I replaced the volume down button, but it still dont enter neither flashmode or fastboot.

Hope there is some light in the end of the tunnel.

Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 20:41

Flashing random files to your phone hoping "maybe it will work" usually always harms your phone when you do not read tutorials and do not have knowlegde. Please visit good local service centre and maybe they will help you if phone will respond and is still able to accept proper firmware. Or search for working phone with broken lcd / main board for swap.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#5 OFFLINE   drpsycho

drpsycho

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 17:39

They were not random files, they were from the stock JB firmware for this exact phone. I have basic knowledge of flashing kernels and roms, always used fastboot to flash kernels, flashmode to flash stock roms and recovery to flash custom roms. The problem is that this was a new situation, I had to flash a stock rom WITHOUT flashmode, I followed a TUTORIAL from XDA that said to do exactly what I did.

The phone is still recognized as Somc flash device, but it don't goes into fastboot or flashmode.

So what do you think that happened with the phone, corrupted bootloader? Can't it be fixed with the testpoint and s1tool procedure like I saw for some other phones?

Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   drpsycho

drpsycho

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 00:10

So no one have any ideas? The phone is still detected as "Somc flash device", but I can't make it enter fastboot or flashmode. Is the bootloader corrupted? Couldn't it be fixed with the testpoint and s1tool procedure?phones?

#7 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 14:56

No, it can't be fixed using s1tool as we do not have s1 emergency loader for MSM8260 chipset.

Xperia.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic