4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kaze2508

Kaze2508

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 1h

Posted 22 May 2019 - 18:03

First, I want to start at the very root of my problem, the heat.

I am living in Vietnam, which is located in South East Asia, and it is very hot at this time of year.

A week ago, when I suddenly realized that I really need video recording on my work, long one, Z5 is a problem.

P/S: My Z5 model is E6653

Every time I turn on the video record, even Full HD with 30fps or a 4K video, it just turn out to be stayed for nearly one minute and then, it automatically shut the app down due to device temperature. But I swear, every time it did that, I touch my phone's back and it was not as hot as when I surf Chrome for a hour. And it even didn't shut down Chrome or my phone!

If I use third party camera, it will automatically shut down the device. Ha ha, very funny Sony, very funny!

Then, a necessity of having another ROM appeared in my head, and then problem start.

At first, I read on some forums, that Android 7.1.2( my latest update on Z5 also) cause the problem of heating because it has ore services running than Marshmallow 6. Then, I used Flashtool, got Marshmallow ROM from Xperia Firm and flash. It worked PERFECTLY, but the heat problem is still there.

Then, I searched for other ROMs located on the Internet, and I chose three of them.

First is the ViperOS  from rootmygalaxy.

Second is LineOS on rootmygalaxy also.

The third one is a self customised from wccftech.

When I started, I soon found out that link to download LineOS which can get my Z5 to Android 8 has gone. Whoosh, it is no where to be seen on androidhost.

Then I started with ViperOS.

As always, get into Developer mode on my phone in Settings, allow USB Debugging and Unlock Bootloader.

Then after installed a bunch of drivers for my phone, flashmode, fastboot,... I finally installed Recovery Mode on my Z5, and unlocked bootloader through tutorial from Sony.

ViperOS I used at first is based on Android 7, so I got a Gapps pack for Android 7.

After steps which is not necessary to write down here, I got ViperOS for my phone.

I booted perfectly, a very good ROM, but when I tried to turn on the camera for video recording, it just shut down my device.

I turned it on again, and it happened the same.

So, I did all the steps above, AGAIN, for the customize ROM.

The problem is, when it installing Gapps, which is for Android 6 at the time, I felt asleep.

So I left my phone there, charging, installing Gapps in Recovery mode on the screen, and I went to sleep.

I'm very sorry if someone scold at me or tell me stupid, but I really just thought will take a nap for a while then wake up. But it ended up I slept for a whole night, means I left my phone there 4-5 hours.

At first, I saw my Z5 is still tied up with the cable, with the red LED is on.

I pulled out the cable, the LED is off. I powered on my phone like I always do, nothing happened!!

I put my cable in, no LED is blinked!

Through some research and destroy, somehow I destroy my Z5 back, but nothing on the motherboard is harmed.

After another tons of drivers, my Z5 appear as Qualcomm 9008 when I plug it in my computer now. But that's all. Nothing can be done with it. No flashing, no fixing, it's just dead like that.

I post here not to really find any solutions for my stupid fault, but I really want to know if I can get my Xperia Z5 alive again. Thanks for anyone read since this line. Even you don't do anything for me, I really appreciate!

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:04

You need to visit good service centre. They should try to flash your phone using Setool2, if that will not be possible, you've damaged at least boot). Boot repair is very complicated, bcause service centre must have working Xperia Z5 E6653 to read first 32 MB of boot area, desolder your emmc, write readout from working phone using direct emmc programmer and solder it back then reflash phone. Or you can try to buy Z5 main board and swap it or buy Xperia Z5 with broken lcd and swap the main board. Unfortunately we do not have access to s1 emergency loader for that phone to fix it easly like some mtk-based devices.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   Kaze2508

Kaze2508

• User
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 14:08

Thanks very much for have given me hope on my phone Jurij! Really thanks a lot!

#4 OFFLINE   Kaze2508

Kaze2508

• User
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:49

I have just disassembled my bricked Z5, found out that it was Japan local SOV32 one, faked into E6653

#5 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 30 May 2019 - 15:37

The only thing you can't fake is imei number. There is no way to change imei number in current Sony phones so always analyse imei number and first 8 digits (TAC number). We are uploading firmware customization files on our forum so you can always compare tac number with your imei and make sure you are looking for proper firmware for your phone.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic