#1 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

Proud Member of Sony.yt Community

• User
  • 32 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 19h 10m

Posted 24 October 2017 - 14:43

Hello Everyone,

I bought a c901 a few month ago. Since I am using 16gb M2 memory card, my phone has been giving me "playback failed" error message.

No matter which firmware I am using (R1GA028 or 026) I always get this message after a few days. If I turn  off/on the phone it works fine till 1-2 days.

I tried to remove the card when the error appear, but even the pre-installed music and videos not played. I used this memory card in my c902 without any problem. Can someone suggest me solution?

Thnxx in advance!

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 25 October 2017 - 00:49

Flash the latest firmware, put your memory card to c902, copy all data to your pc, insert that memory card to C901 and format it in the phone. Then connect your phone to the pc and copy back all data to your memory card. If that will not help, use different memory card.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

• User
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:29

Hello Jurij,

Thank you for your advice. I already made a full formating in the pc, but not with the phone. I will give a try for that.

The strange part is the phone can open the pictures when the problem appear, but not the video/music. So it might be a software issue :(

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 23:12

Or memory card is dying. It's worth to try on different one.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#5 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

• User
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:36

Is c901 really can handle 16gb m2 card? Officially it can handle 8gb, but I saw in the tech spec here on the site that you mention 16gb.

Unfortunatelly finding a new 16gb m2 is almost impossible :( I was so happy when I found one in April. Do you know any program or solution how can I find out if the memory card is dying?

#6 OFFLINE   potemkin

potemkin

• User
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:45

Hello Jurij,

This is the fifth day after I formated the memory card with the cellphone. It seems it helped to solve the problem. Thank you.

#7 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 15:02

That's what i've tought. Enjoy your memory card ;)

That problem has been solved and thread is closed. If you have any other questions, please start a new thread. If you have any complains / opinions / suggestions, you are welcome to send them to Sony.yt Team using Private Message.

Xperia.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic