#1 OFFLINE   Flimzes

Flimzes

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 59m

Posted 21 August 2017 - 14:52

I have bricked my sony xperia V.
I tried to sideload cyanogenmod 14 onto it, and the tool for unifying the partitions crashed and broke the partition setup on the phone.
This left the phone in a non-bootable state.
I tried reflashing the bootloader with s1 tool and testpoint, but it fails with HDR Block not accepted - this is where I found out about the trim area being a thing.

So I think that since nothing has been written to the flash, only the partition table was erased, that the trim area is still there.

Is there any way of reading out data from the Trim area now? Can the flash be dumped and the data recovered?

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 21 August 2017 - 15:00

No. It's cheap phone now, you can easly buy Xperia V with broken lcd and swap main board. Tampering with partitions is not a good idea.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   Flimzes

Flimzes

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 59m

Posted 21 August 2017 - 15:03

Availability of broken phones in my area has been rather low, however aliexpress has cheap motherboards available, and I have already ordered one.

It would just be interesting to try to rescue the phone seeing how all data should be intact, just inaccessible.

This phone is near useless with the sony partitioning layout, I will attempt this again (after doing backup of trim), just so that it can run play updates normally without having to uninstall and reinstalling half the apps.

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 21 August 2017 - 16:06

I'm not sure if trim area backup would be helpful in that case, because you've damaged partition layout in your phone. Maybe you can fix that with direct emmc tool, but i will not help you with that. If not, you need to have Sony factory equipment to fix that phone. And i can't agree with your opinion:

This phone is near useless with the sony partitioning layout

Your phone is useless now with your partition layout. With Sony partition layout it's powering on, making calls, sending texts, taking photos, playing music, running apps and many more ;)

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic