#1 OFFLINE   jamil.1890

jamil.1890

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 7h

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:53

Hi all,

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 & I have had to replace the screen before which has obviously made the phone not waterproof no more, however the other day I dropped my phone in water i did get it out as fast as i can and the phone was working okay for a short time but then suddenly the screen started flickering so i turned it off and i stripped the phone down dried everything it seemed to be more wet around the screen flexi ribbon cable, dried it in the airing cupboard for days with rice too, I reassembled the phone tried it out with another battery as well and it just vibrates as if you are turning it on but i get no screen at all? iam not sure this is the screen i was thinking more the motherboard however it looked bone dry. any suggestions would be helpful the water indicator is however pink in color do your reckon its the board rather then the screen? i brought a replacement used phone with a damaged screen was hoping it was hopefully the motherboard not screen many thanks.

jamil

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 01 March 2016 - 15:16

I have had to replace the screen before which has obviously made the phone not waterproof no more

Why? Phones fixed in authorized Sony service centre are waterproof after repair. You must use special equipment and have some skills, but it's possible to do.

It's hard to say it may be motherboard, it may be the screen... The only way to find it out is to connect your lcd to working phone and working lcd to your phone. Go to the good service centre, maybe they will help you. If not, buy new phone, because phone is clearly water damaged and those phones lives their own lifes.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   jamil.1890

jamil.1890

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 7h

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:30

Hi all,

Turns out after buying a spare phone for bits, it was in fact actually the screen that blew when the phone got water in it, my motherboard seems to be working fine now i did clean it with isopropyl alcohol just waiting on a spare screen now.

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 07 March 2016 - 15:12

Hope the new screen will help :) However you may expect sometimes strange phone behaviour for example fast draining battery, some functions may not work... Let us know how is your phone working with new lcd :)

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic