4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mehp12345

mehp12345

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 3 posts
    • Time Online: 6h 15m

Posted 11 December 2015 - 20:39

I send my unlocked and rooted Z3 to the sony repair center. They sent it back unrooted and updated to the latest bell firmware, I didn't check if my SIM worked or not at this point as I had a nandroid backup that I made before sending it in in case they decided to reset everything.

Steps:

Used flashtool to downgrade.

- downgraded phone with D6603_23.0.A.2.93 ftf on the XDA thread, first time bootloop due to drivers I think, reinstalled drivers and second time worked fine.
- ran giofroot exploit. used v3.1
- mounted /system rw with ES Explorer.
- installed Z3 Dualrecovery for locked BL.

Tried to restore my nandroid backup through recovery, system restored ok but got error 255 when restoring data. Bootloops when I tried to turn it on.

Flashed a clean build prerooted  23.4.A.1.232 

This is where I noticed the SIM gets an invalid card message. Checked service menu for sim lock 

it reads [ ] network 0 so it seems to me like SIM lock is not the problem.

At this point I tried downgrading using flashtool again to start from the beginning but it hasn't worked. Googled this problem but there was no definitive solution in any posts that I have encountered.

How can I roll back? what measurements can I take to better understand the problem?

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:02

Are you 100% sure, that you have received the same phone with the same imei? Anyway, if your phone can't be detected in flash mode using available tricks and boot is damaged - send it back to Sony service centre. Say that you've tried update it and it's not working anymore. If they will not fix it, buy new phone.

I send my unlocked and rooted Z3 to the sony repair center. They sent it back unrooted and updated to the latest bell firmware, I didn't check if my SIM worked or not at this point as I had a nandroid backup that I made before sending it in in case they decided to reset everything.

What did you expected? They always flash the phone. Always. And that means all data + modifications are lost, including root.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   mehp12345

mehp12345

• User
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 00:40

Are you 100% sure, that you have received the same phone with the same imei? Anyway, if your phone can't be detected in flash mode using available tricks and boot is damaged - send it back to Sony service centre. Say that you've tried update it and it's not working anymore. If they will not fix it, buy new phone.

What did you expected? They always flash the phone. Always. And that means all data + modifications are lost, including root.

So I am definitely sure that the IMEI matches up and that's the phone I got. It can be detected in flash mode by flashtool but flashing another .ftf has not fixed my issue. I tried a sim last night from the original carrier network that the phone had pre-unlock and it didn't work either so it seems it's not a sim lock problem.

Is there somewhere specific I should be looking? Some option I need to click when flashing?

Thanks for your help.

#4 OFFLINE   mehp12345

mehp12345

• User
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:38

so the initial time I downgraded the firmware after getting it back, flashtool made a backup of the TA partitions right. Is restoring them something that could help?

#5 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 15 December 2015 - 15:57

I can identify your phone using my service tool, so we will be know for sure if phone is locked or not (if yes - to which network) and we can try to flash it. That's all we can do.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic