#1 OFFLINE   Catas

Catas

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 6 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 14m

Posted 08 June 2015 - 16:47

hi

i thought if i root my phone will help me with storage memory. Now i have less memory and i stil can t to update my skype and whatsapp.... just theese app i have in my phone and i can to update it. Can someone help me with storage memory?

i root my phone and i see that app ,,supersu,,..... i must to do something with this app?

Can help me someone?

please

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 08 June 2015 - 16:56

Hello,

I've moved your post to Android General forum, as it has nothing to do with rooting. Please tell us what phone model do you have, what memory problems?

stil can t to update my skype and whatsapp.... just theese app i have in my phone and i can to update it

You don't need root privilages to update those apps. Just download and install updates from Google Play. Any error show up when you try to do that?

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   Catas

Catas

• User
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 17:57

i have sony xperia e dual and before to root my phone i had 115 mb  memory free and i wanted to update skype and whatsapp. just these app i have intall from google store. and don t let me to instal because my phone tell me every time that i don t have space to update.... so... i say i can to root my phone maybe will have more space and i can to update my app from my phone but now i have less memory and i still can t to upadate my app

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 18:06

But root does not work that way. Root = super user privilages, nothing more. So you can install apps using root permissions, but it does not affect in phone memory at all. But now you can try the following solutions:

1. Go in your phone to Menu => Settings => Applications => Memory usage and check what applications uses a lot of memory - click on them and choose "clear data" option. That should free some space on your phone memory.

2. The second thing you can do - thanks to super user (root) privilages you can now easly uninstall all unwanted apps from your phone and free some memory space.

3. The third thing you can do - you can use apps from Google Play (for example App2sd or similar) and move all important apps using a lot of space into your sd card.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#5 OFFLINE   Catas

Catas

• User
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 18:10

i removed all apps i just have whatsapp and skype on my phone and free memory space don t grow up. i will have same free memory even i remove these 2 apps. i don t know what kind of error i have in my phone or in hard disk

#6 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 18:14

You can't remove all apps just like that :) Try now to reboot your phone and check again what apps uses a lot of free space in your phone.

Xperia.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   Catas

Catas

• User
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 18:22

i uninstall all even facebook, google + and i unistal all updates from apps what i can t to remove it and i restart my phone and i have same problem, sometime show me that i have 107 mb free space other time 115mb free space but don t let me to install or to update others apps

i don t know what is wrong

maybe i must to put my phone in a trash and to let it there

#8 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 18:30

You are talking about RAM space or phone internal memory space? Download from Google Play file manager (for example Total Commander), run it and check how many free space do you have in your phone...

Xperia.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   Catas

Catas

• User
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 21:06

i talk about internal memory. and i can t to instal something because even if i have 115mb free my phone don t let me to instal . i got a message like,, error. insufficient storage available''

i talk about phone memory and not about internatl memory or RAM memory

Settings > apps > all > album, facebook, instagram, any music/video streaming app > clear data 

#10 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 22:41

Well, Sony Xperia E dual white paper says that you should have:

Memory comprises approximately 650 MB of firmware, 750 MB of ?Phone memory? for downloaded applications and 2 GB of ?Internal storage? for music, pictures, movies and some application data.

so i have no idea what uses your memory. You can make backup of all your data and just reflash it with clean firmware using for example Flashtool , then root your phone and uninstall all unwanted apps. But it seems that your problem is solved now:

Settings > apps > all > album, facebook, instagram, any music/video streaming app > clear data

so i will close this thread :)

That problem has been solved and thread is closed. If you have any other questions, please start a new thread. If you have any complains / opinions / suggestions, you are welcome to send them to Sony.yt Team using Private Message.

Xperia.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic