7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vastloper

vastloper

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 33m

Posted 03 May 2015 - 19:20

With latest Original rom My Phone boots and starts with black screen and the default 3 buttons at the bottom.

After a while it reboots and the same happens again.

When i install a cm rom the most  works but i am not able to Phone with it.

When i look at the info it say's baseband unknown and when i do *#06# it doesn't show any imei nr.

I also tried to restore with sony pc companion but after restoring i have same problem.

Is there a way to fix this?

Greetings from holland.

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 19h 15m

Posted 03 May 2015 - 19:25

First thing you should check - make sure what phone model do you have. On the label under sim card tray you should have sticker with phone model. If it's D5503 - download D5503 firmware and flash it using for example Flashtool . Double check firmware, for example you can't flash D5502 with D5503 firmware etc. If after flash phone can't power on or you still have problems with reboots, no baseband issues etc. - it's probably hardware issue and my solution for you is to send that phone to authorized Sony service centre for warranty repair.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   vastloper

vastloper

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 19:33

I did that.

Sticker say C5503 (No warranty on Phone so send in for repair allmost same price as new phone)

I installed that firmware on the Phone but the Phone boots normally and ends up with the black screen.

Once i press the power button it go's off and doen's want to go on anymore until it reboots after a while.

With custom cm rom all works ok but no baseband and no imei nr.

I used to have same sort of problem with it in the past but then i was able to enter a reset code in the dialer.

I am not able to do that now because i am not able to bring up the dialer.

Thanks for the info

Greetings from holland

Edited by vastloper, 03 May 2015 - 19:39.

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 19:40

Listen, phone should work properly on stock firmware from Sony. Installing CM is never a solution, because some phone functions does not work on custom firmwares. Flash your phone with original firmware from Sony, if phone will not work - try to make deep hardware reset:

1. Press the volume down and power buttons together until you get several vibrations, the phone reset and shut down
2. If you do not get any vibration and you continue to press the volume down and power buttons together, then after 2 minutes (120s) the phone will perform a very deep HW reset without any notification!
This can solve some rare cases without having to open the unit and remove and attach the battery connector.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#5 OFFLINE   vastloper

vastloper

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 19:44

I can try to so.

Hardreset is vol-up with powerbutton ?

Thanks for the tip.

Greetings from holland.

#6 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 19:45

Volume down + power. But you can try also volume up + power. It will not hurt your phone :)

Xperia.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   vastloper

vastloper

• User
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 17:54

i think reset aint working when the Phone keeps rebooting or i pressing the buttons wrong way

thanks for the info anyway

#8 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 19:03

Phone must be turned off, then hold power and volume down button together for at least 120 seconds. After 10-15 seconds you shoud feel vibrations. But if after correct flash phone reboots by itself, it's definitely hardware problem.

Xperia.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic