#1 OFFLINE   HyperEscape

HyperEscape

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 6 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 38m

Posted 01 May 2015 - 19:00

Hello All,

This is continued from my previous thread http://sony.yt/topic...eboot-bootloop/, I was able to procure an unlocked Xperia Z C6603 working board and replaced it in my old bricked C6602 body. It fired up and everything worked as a new original reassembled unit. I was happy that i was able to salvage my day. The phone worked with my local SIM seamlessly and i was able to make/receive calls. The new board had stock 4.2.2 HongKong Region ROM, dont remember other details. So I went onwards to upgrade this phone to the latest 4.4.4 , and the rest of story is below :

1. Xperia C6603 , originally had 4.2.2 stock ROM which was working fine with my local network. Dont remember the baseband version.

2. Used XperiFirm to download the latest firmware as reported in the list. Dont know what does the suffix RxD (R1D--R8D) means. Anyone please explain.  As per the below screenshot downloaded version "C6603_Customized HK_1270-5695_10.5.1.A.0.292_R1D" .

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

3. Before flashing the downloaded firmware I flashed the dualrecovery from

. I made a TWRP backup of the 4.2.2 stock ROM on an external SD card, for all partitions including TA,system,boot etc.

4. Used Flashtool  to convert the downloaded (step 2) firmware "FILES" format to a flashable FTF file. Flashed the firmware , which went on smoothly. 

5. At the first startup I got the following screen , telling me that it is a prototype device/firmware . I went on to see that the network which was working fine with stock ROM 4.2.2 was no longer available. 

I tried to go to settings to check and search for networks, which shows available networks, but unable to get itself registered to the SIM providers network. Tried all the settings combinations in menu "*#*#4636*#*#" , nothing makes it work to get the GSM network connectivity back. It is supposedly on the correct setting of LTE/WCDMA/GSM which my current operator supports. Following is the "About" screen for current baseband version.

Tried going in the "Service" menu via "*#*#7378423#*#*" , with the following info, having an unknown modem configuration. 

6. Tried reverting back to the old TWRP backup, for which I needed the TWRP recovery loaded on the phone. So ran the

script again (with the new 4.4 ROM on the phone), however the script hangs around in the end and never reboots the phone with the TWRP recovery. So i am unable to revert and use the stock ROM backups . 

7. I dont want to root/unlock the bootloader, however I tried installing TWRP via its "XZrecovery.apk", but it requires busybox (which requires a rooted phone). So i tried the rooting script from

, but it also hangs around in the end and never delivers a rooted phone.

8. Tried looking around for assortment of xperia Z baseband files to check and see if flashing it separately can make it work, however to no avail the the condition persists.

Either ways having a prototype version on the phone which transmits all data back to sony is not desirable at all. So need to replace it for sure. Currently I am stuck in the middle without a clue of how to go back and restore the 4.2.2 TWRP backup, or to actually flash a "non-prototype" or retail version of 4.4.x .

Any help/guidance/suggestions to remedy would be appreciated.

Thanks.

=====================UPDATE

Ok followed the instructions at

, read carefully again to flash the .230 kernel. Flashed the

and got the TWRP recovery back.

Restored the old 4.2.2 TWRP backup , hoping that everything would go back to normal. However with a successul restore and a reboot, I was amazed to see I still have no network connectivity. The baseband version is "9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110068-44" . Another noticeable thing was that after the restore and first boot, I still got the "prototype device" message again, which was not there when I first booted the device with original stock 4.2.2 ROM before this flashing adventure began.

Any ideas what may have gone bad.

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 01 May 2015 - 20:22

Your phone is a prototype device? Please check if your imei number starts with +44. If yes, it's a prototype and all you can try to do is to flash most earlier firmware version available for Sony Xperia Z C6603 phone. If that will not work for you - your phone needs prototype firmware which is not available for us, and all you can do is to sell that phone on eBay with profit (prototype phones are valuable) or buy working C6603 with broken lcd and swap main board.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   HyperEscape

HyperEscape

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 6 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 38m

Posted 01 May 2015 - 20:59

Indeed my IMEI number starts with 0044, this is a replacement mother board which I bought online and replaced today. So if it is a prototype device then would it not be possible for me to use it normally. What difference is there between normal and prototype devices. I barely got this board today and it not very desirable to sell this and get a new retail device.

Any links to the repository of firmwares which I can try to see which works best. It also has a fluctuating network signals problem, any remedies to fix it.

Thanks. 

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 01 May 2015 - 21:08

The earliest firmware for Xperia Z C6603 is 10_1_A_1_350 - find it and flash it. If phone will be working, good. If not, it needs prototype firmware and it's not available for us so all you can do is buy new working main board i'm affraid.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic