#1 OFFLINE   HyperEscape

HyperEscape

Freshly registered FAQ reader

• User
  • 6 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 38m

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:05

Hello,

Please have a look at the following to understand the problem I am facing.

The phone boots ok, after a firmware flash, but the screen fades away after a while and goes into a constant reboot cycle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts
    • Time Online: 564d 20h 32m

Posted 07 April 2015 - 19:43

Make sure that you've flashed correct firmware, for example for Sony Xperia Z C6603 use C6603 firmware. If that will not help, it's for 100% hardware issue. If you have warranty, use it - you will get a new phone.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#3 OFFLINE   HyperEscape

HyperEscape

• User
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:14

Make sure that you've flashed correct firmware, for example for Sony Xperia Z C6603 use C6603 firmware. If that will not help, it's for 100% hardware issue. If you have warranty, use it - you will get a new phone.

I am pretty sure I have selected the correct stock firmware by using the XperiFirm tool as below. 

kak57o.jpg

As far as I understand I can select any of these firmware for my C6602/L36h, so I have selected the USA variant which resulted in bootloop (i use Flashtool to convert the downloaded files to an FTF package), I am now trying to download INDIA variant to see its behavior. Dont know what does R1D and R2D suffixes mean with all the firmware versions mentioned. Does it matter to select R1D or R2D for my phone.

If it still does not work, then what possibly could be hardware fault, and can you guide me how to fix it (maybe testpoint usage etc) , or do I have to replace the whole PBA (mother/main board), if so then what are the recommended places to buy it.

Thanks for your support.

#4 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 22:28

If your phone is C6602 (check sticker under sim card tray) any C6602 firmware will be good.

If it still does not work, then what possibly could be hardware fault, and can you guide me how to fix it (maybe testpoint usage etc) , or do I have to replace the whole PBA (mother/main board), if so then what are the recommended places to buy it.

Well, you can rehot / reball flash ic, ram etc. But there is no electrical schematics available because Sony does not repair electrical problems at all, they are just replacing main board / all phone. Also you can buy working phone with broken LCD and swap main board or sell your phone for replacement parts.

Serwis Sony Ericsson Online | Online Sony Ericsson Service | ?????? Sony Ericsson O?????

Xperia.jpg

Więcej informacji, Cennik | More information, Price list GG: 1793684 Skype: gen.jurij

Other services: LG, HTC, Samsung, Alcatel, Blackberry, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola, Sharp unlock and more...

#5 OFFLINE   HyperEscape

HyperEscape

• User
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:55

Hello, Please share your expertise for the following queries :

1. Can you tell me the part number for the Main PBA Xperia Z C6602 (motherboard). I have tried searching thru the service manuals and part list, but there is everything mentioned in the document "except" the main PBA part number.

2. If I buy a country/operator locked Main PBA (for replacement) then is there any procedure to unlock the PBA for worldwide usage, without getting in contact with the original telco provider or getting paid services unlock codes . If such a process exists then please guide me with the link to it.

3. If i buy a C6603 as a replacement motherboard, then would it fit in completely inside the body of a mobile originally C6602. Are the dimensions and sizes of motherboards of all Xperia Z variants exactly the same and they can be interchanged in any of the housings.

Thanks for your quick help.

Edited by HyperEscape, 11 April 2015 - 09:27.

#6 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:26

1. Why do you need part number? Just buy working Xperia Z with broken LCD and swap main board. Or purchase new main board in Sony service centre.

2. Buy unlocked phone, problem will be solved. At the moment you can unlock Xperia Z in authorized Sony service centre (they usually do not want to unlock phones) or via unck code from operator if attempt counter is not blocked. Because you can't check if counter is blocked or not (when phone has damaged screen and you do not have professional service tool to connect phone and check) - it's better to buy unlocked phone.

3. Yes, service manual is universal for all Sony Xperia Z variants so i think that main board size is the same in all cases.

Xperia.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   HyperEscape

HyperEscape

• User
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 14:36

1. Why do you need part number? Just buy working Xperia Z with broken LCD and swap main board. Or purchase new main board in Sony service centre.

2. Buy unlocked phone, problem will be solved. At the moment you can unlock Xperia Z in authorized Sony service centre (they usually do not want to unlock phones) or via unck code from operator if attempt counter is not blocked. Because you can't check if counter is blocked or not (when phone has damaged screen and you do not have professional service tool to connect phone and check) - it's better to buy unlocked phone.

3. Yes, service manual is universal for all Sony Xperia Z variants so i think that main board size is the same in all cases.

Thanks for the answers.

1. I just wanted to have a more accurate search for working motherboard , at the moment as I tried there is no Xperia Z available with broken LCD (for letting me have the motherboard) and Sony Service Center in my country are certainly not that well equipped to deliver me a motherboard in foreseeable time.

2. Ubnderstood, unlocked is the way to go to avoid troubles.

3. I am planning to get a C6603 motherboard (to fit in my C6602 body), so I can upgrade it while changing the motherboard and making it LTE enabled. Hopefully if all connectors are same then it should work.

Please have a look at the following, I am planning to buy it, does it seems like the right choice and fit for the C6602 body.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks.

#8 OFFLINE   Jurij

Jurij

Emperror of Sony Kingdom

• Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 17:11

I think it's a good idea to upgrade your phone. I don't know where are you from, but search for listings like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- this one is locked to UK network, but... If price will be good you can search for unlock code for that network and see if final price is acceptable for you. Or search for similar listings...

Xperia.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic